check out our website: www.bradleygolftravel.com

contact us at: inquiry@bradleygolftravel.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One Special Day..

Lahinch, Ireland... 2 words that carry so much meaning for me. I spent a lovely day on the western coast of Ireland with my father.  It was here that I played my first great golf course.
pic 1

Opened in 1893, and later changed in 1927 by Alister Mackenzie, the architect of Augusta National, this specatuclar course winds in and out of wind-swept sand dunes. This course has a mystical feeling and the magic of never knowing what lies just around the corner.
pic3
The most famous hole at Lahinch is the Dell, par 3 5th. The green is situated in a natural depression in the dunes. My shot ended up long and on the dune, as you can see here.  I did make a specatucalar 3 from this spot.

Neither my dad nor I will forget this afternoon, for Lahinch is truly special.  No golfing life is complete without a visit to Lahinch.  Don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment